La Salle Mennonite Brethren Church (La Salle, Manitoba, Canada)
The La Salle Mennonite Brethren Church was located in the municipality of MacDonald, Manitoba. Phillip Wiebe served in 1950 as a congregational leader. In 1950 there were 55 members. The congregation dissolved in 1952. It had been a member of the Mennonite Brethren Church of Manitoba, the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches, and the General Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. The language of worship was German.
The congregation organized on 19 September 1926. The first building was completed in 1930; the lumber for the church was donated by a friend of the Mennonites. La Salle Mennonite Brethren originated through immigration from the Soviet Union.
The congregation reorganized in 1952 with the Oswald and Domain Mennonite Brethren groups into one congregation at Domain.
Neufeld, William. From Faith to Faith: The History of the Manitoba Mennonite Brethren Church. Winnipeg : Kindred Press, 1989: 50.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 265. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Neufeld, Herman and Sam Steiner. "La Salle Mennonite Brethren Church (La Salle, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 1997. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/L187.html.
APA style: Neufeld, Herman and Sam Steiner. (March 1997). La Salle Mennonite Brethren Church (La Salle, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/L187.html.