Lakeside Hutterite Colony (Cartier, Manitoba, Canada)
The Lakeside Hutterite Bruderhof, located nine miles (16 km) west of Headingly, Manitoba, was founded in 1947 by Preacher Jorg Wipf and ten families from the Maxwell Bruderhof six miles (10 km) west of Lakeside. The Brethren bought land and built houses and stables. In 1947 the Bruderhof numbered 78 souls, 28 of them being baptized members.
In 2012 Lakeside Colony was a Schmiedeleut Group 1 colony. The minister was Josh Hofer, Jr. and the manager was Sammy Hofer.
Location: St. François Xavier, Manitoba (cooridinates: 49.91, -97.5638 [49˚ 54′ 35″ N, 97˚ 33′ 49″ W])
Address: 5600 PR241 North, Cartier, Manitoba R4K 1B1
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Lakeside Hutterite Colony (Cartier, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. February 2013. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/L2883.html.
APA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (February 2013). Lakeside Hutterite Colony (Cartier, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/L2883.html.