Lakeside Hutterite Colony (Cranford, Alberta, Canada)
Lakeside Hutterite Bruderhof, located near Cranford, Alberta, was founded in 1935. Their preacher, Peter Hofer, who was chosen in the Wolf Creek Bruderhof in 1926, moved to the Wolf Creek commune near Stirling, Alberta, and from there went with several families to found the Lakeside Bruderhof. Joseph Wipf was chosen to the ministry here in 1944. In 1947 the commune numbered 162 souls, with 64 baptized members.
In 2012 the Lakeside Hutterite Colony was a Dariusleut colony. The minister was Dave Wipf and the manager was Joe Wipf.
Location: Cranford, Alberta (coordinates: 49.668611, -112.3625 [49° 40' 07" N, 112° 21' 45" W])
Address: Box 9, Cranford, AB T0K 0R0
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Lakeside Hutterite Colony (Cranford, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 2013. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/L2885.html.
APA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (April 2013). Lakeside Hutterite Colony (Cranford, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/L2885.html.