Meadows Mennonite Church (Chenoa, Illinois, USA)
Meadows Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), on U.S. Highway 24 midway between Chenoa and Gridley, was a member of the Central District Conference, was organized in 1891, when a white frame building was constructed three quarters of a mile north of Meadows. In 1908 it moved to its present location in Meadows and remodeled. It was again remodeled, enlarged, and re-dedicated 6 September 1953, with a seating capacity of 300. The membership in 1954 was 248, mostly rural; the minister was L. E. Troyer. Past ministers in 1957 (all deceased): Andrew Veroler, Joseph Kinsinger, Aaron Roszhart, George Gundy.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 547. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Troyer, L. E. "Meadows Mennonite Church (Chenoa, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 26 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M413.html.
APA style: Troyer, L. E. (1957). Meadows Mennonite Church (Chenoa, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 26 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M413.html.