Mellinger Meetinghouse (Schoeneck, Pennsylvania, USA)
Mellinger meetinghouse was a union meetinghouse built by the Lutherans, Reformed, Mennonites (Mennonite Church), and Dunkards in 1861 three quarters of a mile southwest of Schoeneck in northern Lancaster County, PA. The Shirk home east of town was the first Mennonite meeting place in this area. The ministers of the Indiantown Mennonite Church held services here once a month until 1921, and in 1942 relinquished all rights to the building. The services became more frequent in the Hammer Creek-Indiantown district and in 1926 led to the revival of the Cocalico meetinghouse.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 567. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Mellinger Meetinghouse (Schoeneck, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 18 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M4565.html.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1957). Mellinger Meetinghouse (Schoeneck, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M4565.html.