Mennonite Central Committee Aid Section
The Mennonite Aid Section was established by the Mennonite Central Committee on 17 March, 1944 upon recommendation of the Rehabilitation Study Committee appointed by the MCC in 1943 to study the rehabilitation needs of Civilian Public Service (CPS) men who faced World War II demobilization. The demobilization needs were largely met by the individual conferences, but the Aid Section functioned to coordinate the various assistance plans. The largest work of the Aid Section came with the movement of the Mennonite refugees from Europe to the Western Hemisphere after World War II. The Aid Section was composed of representatives appointed by the various Mennonite groups. The Sectional meetings were advisory to the Mennonite Central Committee on matters coming under the Aid Section purview, for the most part in the following areas:
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 609. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Snyder, William T. "Mennonite Central Committee Aid Section." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 18 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M46545.html.
APA style: Snyder, William T. (1957). Mennonite Central Committee Aid Section. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M46545.html.