Mennoscah, Camp (Murdock, Kansas, USA)
Camp Mennoscah, located on the Ninnescah River one and a half mile southwest of Murdock, Kansas, with a camp site of 160 acres, was acquired in 1948 as the General Conference Western District Young People's recreation grounds. The camp was opened in 1949. By 1954, six cabins had been built in addition to the dining hall and kitchen. The camp was in use throughout the summer, primarily by young people but also by other groups such as Mennonite Men. The first managers and caretakers were Mr. and Mrs. A. Theodore Mueller.
Habegger, Loris. "Realizing a Dream." Mennonite Life 9 (January 1954): 16-18.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 652. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Krahn, Cornelius. "Mennoscah, Camp (Murdock, Kansas, USA) ." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M4794.html.
APA style: Krahn, Cornelius. (1957). Mennoscah, Camp (Murdock, Kansas, USA) . Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M4794.html.