Mennville Evangelical Mennonite Church (Riverton, Manitoba, Canada)
Mennville Evangelical Mennonite Church in Riverton, Manitoba began services about 1950, and formally organized in 1954. The first building was occupied in 1956. Peter P. Friesen is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through colonization from rural Manitoba and outreach by the Evangelical Mennonite Conference.
The congregation sponsors Mennville Christian School, grades kindergarten to ten. The district was known as Washow Bay until 1960 when it was changed to Mennville.
The language of worship is English; the transition from German occurred in the 1970s.
Loewen, Royden. Blumenort: a Mennonite Community in Transition 1874-1982. Blumenort: Blumenort Mennonite Historical Society, 1983.
Messenger (24 March 1989): 7.
Address: Box 403, Riverton, MB R0C 2R0
Mennville EMC Membership
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Mennville Evangelical Mennonite Church (Riverton, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. March 2012. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M48.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (March 2012). Mennville Evangelical Mennonite Church (Riverton, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M48.html.