Michalin Mennonite Church (Volyn Oblast, Ukraine)
The Michalin Mennonite community and church was located near Machnovka in the province of Volhynia, Polish Russia (Ukraine). The community was settled in the later years of the 18th century by families from the Graudenz area of the Vistula River but the congregation seems not to have organized until 1811, when David Siebrandt was elected minister. He was called to be elder in 1816, and was succeeded in 1852 by Johann Schroder. In 1874-1878 the entire group emigrated to Kansas, where in the following year the congregation became the Gnadenberg Mennonite Church.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 667. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Schmidt, John F. "Michalin Mennonite Church (Volyn Oblast, Ukraine)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M5000.html.
APA style: Schmidt, John F. (1957). Michalin Mennonite Church (Volyn Oblast, Ukraine). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M5000.html.