Milford Hutterite Colony (Raymond, Alberta, Canada)
Milford (Buck Ranch) Hutterite Bruderhof, founded in 1918 near Raymond, Alberta, by the members of the Bruderhof in Milford, South Dakota, and their preachers Johann Kleinsasser and Jerg Waldner; they sold the holdings in South Dakota and bought the Big Bend site. In 1947 the Milford Bruderhof numbered 125 souls, with 60 baptized members.
In 2012 the Milford Hutterite Colony was a Lehrerleut colony. The minister was Joe Kleinsasser and the manager was Ben Wipf.
Location: Raymond, Alberta (coordinates: 49.378056, -112.6975 [49° 22' 41" N, 112° 41' 51" W])
Address: Box 244, Raymond, AB T0K 2S0
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 688. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. "Milford Hutterite Colony (Raymond, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2013. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M54265.html.
APA style: Decker, David and Bert Friesen. (May 2013). Milford Hutterite Colony (Raymond, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M54265.html.