Mill Creek Union Church (Luray, Virginia, USA)
The Mill Creek Union Church was located in the village of Hamburg two miles west of Luray, Page County, Virginia. This old weatherboarded log church, still standing in 1956, was built around 1800, The land was given by Joseph Mauck, a Mennonite, and the church built on it was to be open to all orthodox denominations. Mennonite preachers in Rookingham County held infrequent services here for a rapidly declining membership in Page County during the 19th century. For a number of years Mennonites and other interested parries held an annual Harmonia Sacra singing in this ancient church.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 690. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Brunk, Harry A. "Mill Creek Union Church (Luray, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M5433.html.
APA style: Brunk, Harry A. (1957). Mill Creek Union Church (Luray, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M5433.html.