Mönchzell (Baden-Württemberg, Germany)
Mönchzell was a village in the Heidelberg district of Baden, Germany, pop. (1933) 582, railway station Meckesheim on the Elsenz, was from 1896 to 1916 the seat of a Mennonite congregation. Previously Meckesheim had been the center; in 1916 the congregation merged with the Sinsheim congregation. Services were held every two weeks on the Monchzell estate. There were approximately 36 members. The family names were Bechtel, Fellmann, Mosemann, and Binkele.
Hege, Christian and Christian Neff. Mennonitisches Lexikon., 4 v. Frankfurt & Weierhof: Hege; Karlsruhe; Schneider, 1913-1967: III: 160.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 740. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Fellmann, Walter. "Mönchzell (Baden-Württemberg, Germany)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M6539.html.
APA style: Fellmann, Walter. (1957). Mönchzell (Baden-Württemberg, Germany). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M6539.html.