Moundridge Preparatory School (Moundridge, Kansas, USA)
Moundridge Preparatory School was founded in Moundridge, KS, in 1909, sponsored by the Mennonite School Association (Mennonitischer Schulverein), which consisted of representatives of the West Zion Mennonite Church, the Eden Mennonite Church, the First Mennonite Church of Christian, and the Garden Township Mennonite Church, all of the General Conference branch. The booklet Mennonitischer Schulverein (Moundridge, 1909) contained information about the board of directors (J. C. Goering, chairman, S. S. Baumgartner, secretary), the constitution, the purpose of the school, curriculum, and rules. Among the teachers were P. P. Wedel and Helena Isaac. The school was closed in 1918.
Jahresheft des Mennonitischen Schulvereins, (1910ff.).
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 758. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Krahn, Cornelius. "Moundridge Preparatory School (Moundridge, Kansas, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M6785.html.
APA style: Krahn, Cornelius. (1957). Moundridge Preparatory School (Moundridge, Kansas, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M6785.html.