Mount Airy Mennonite Church (Mount Airy, Maryland, USA)
Mount Airy Mennonite Church (Biblical Mennonite Alliance), formerly a mission outpost of the Maple Grove church, near Ellicott City, Maryland, started in 1952 and became an independent congregation, with a membership of 18 in 1957, and Irvin S. Martin as pastor. It was affiliated with the Lancaster Mennonite Conference but joined the Biblical Mennonite Alliance in August 2004.
In 2012 the leading minister was Irvin S. Martin, Jr. The congregation had 8 members and an average attendance of 12 in 2012.
Biblical Mennonite Alliance. "Directory of BMA Congregations." Web. 9 May 2012..
Hershberger, Brenda. Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2012-13. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2012: 40.
Address: 7101 Watersville Road, Mt. Airy, MD 21771
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 758. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. and Richard D. Thiessen. "Mount Airy Mennonite Church (Mount Airy, Maryland, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2012. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M6790.html.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. and Richard D. Thiessen. (May 2012). Mount Airy Mennonite Church (Mount Airy, Maryland, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M6790.html.