Mountain View Mennonite Church (Lyndhurst, Virginia, USA)
Mountain View Mennonite Church, 55 Love Rd., Lyndhurst Virginia (Mennonite Church USA), was the first mission church of the Southern District of the Virginia Mennonite Conference. It is located on the Back Creek, near Lyndhurst, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, in the South River District of Augusta County. The church was built in 1900 and rebuilt in 1953. The early sponsors were Anthony P. Heatwole, Erasmus Shank, and Martin Brunk. Two local ministers, B. Frank Hatter and Silas Brydge, were ordained in the 1940s. In 1957 the membership was 59, with B. Frank Hatter as pastor. In 2005 the membership was 146; Earl B. Monroe was the pastor.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 763. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Brunk, Harry A. "Mountain View Mennonite Church (Lyndhurst, Virginia, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M69137.html.
APA style: Brunk, Harry A. (1957). Mountain View Mennonite Church (Lyndhurst, Virginia, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/M69137.html.