New Hamburg (Ontario, Canada)
New Hamburg is a town (1950 pop. ca. 2,000; 2005 pop. ca. 7,000) situated in Wilmot Township in the Regional Municipality of Waterloo. It is a trading center 12 miles (20 cm) west of Kitchener, Ontario. It was the address of at least six Mennonite congregations in the 1950s. The chief industries in the 1950s were textiles and brass working.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 861. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Fretz, J. C. "New Hamburg (Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N4919.html.
APA style: Fretz, J. C. (1957). New Hamburg (Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N4919.html.