Nickel Mines Mennonite Church (Paradise, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Nickel Mines Mennonite Church (Biblical Mennonite Alliance) is located in a former mining community at 1981 Mine Road, Paradise, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The ministers of the Paradise District of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference bought and repaired an abandoned Episcopal meetinghouse, and services were started on 29 September 1935. In 1952 Paul C. Mast was ordained as local pastor. The missionaries Edgar Denlinger and Irene Stauffer were from this congregation. The membership in 1956 was 40, with C. Marvin Eshleman as pastor.
In 2002 the Nickel Mines congregation left the Lancaster Conference to join the Biblical Mennonite Alliance.
In 2012 the leading minister was Leon K. Martin and the associate pastor was Ernest E. Mummau. The congregational membership was 70 and the average weekly attendance was 80.
Biblical Mennonite Alliance. "Directory of BMA Congregations." Web. 13 May 2012..
Hershberger, Brenda. Anabaptist (Mennonite) Directory 2012-13. Harrisonburg, VA: The Sword and Trumpet, 2012: 40.
Address: 1981 Mine Road, Paradise, PA 17562
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 3, p. 871. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. and Richard D. Thiessen. "Nickel Mines Mennonite Church (Paradise, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2012. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N537.html.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. and Richard D. Thiessen. (May 2012). Nickel Mines Mennonite Church (Paradise, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N537.html.