North Danvers Mennonite Church (Danvers, Illinois, USA)
The North Danvers Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 5517 East 1950 North Road, Danvers, McLean County, Illinois, a member of the Central District Conference, was organized in 1871 with a ministry composed of Bishop Joseph Stuckey, John Strubhar, John Stahly, Christian Imhoff, Joseph Stalter, Michael Miller, and Jacob Miller, who represented the three orders of the Amish ministry: bishops, ministers, and deacons. The new church building was erected in 1872 and remodeled in 1917. The membership in 1956 was 265, mostly rural. Ministers have been Joash Stutzman, Peter Schantz, Joseph Clark, Joseph King, John Kohler, and Hugo J. Mierau. William B. Weaver was a long-time pastor, 1923-1952.
North Danvers Mennonite Church. "Our Church History." Accessed 25 June 2007. <http://www.northdanverschurch.com/history.htm>
North Danvers Mennonite Church website
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Mierau, Hugo J. "North Danvers Mennonite Church (Danvers, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N677195.html.
APA style: Mierau, Hugo J. (1957). North Danvers Mennonite Church (Danvers, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N677195.html.