North Woolwich Mennonite Meetinghouse (Floradale, Ontario, Canada)
The North Woolwich congregation began services in 1942. The congregation originated through outreach by the Markham-Waterloo Mennonite Conference in Woolwich Township due to growth. The congregation shares its meetinghouse with the North Woolwich Old Order Mennonite congregation.
In 1975 there were 118 members. The congregation has been affiliated with the Markham-Waterloo Mennonite Conference since 1942. The language of worship is English and German; the language transition occurred in the 1940s.
R.R. 1, Elmira, Ontario. Located 2 km north of Floradale at 996 Sandy Hills Dr. near the corner of Floradale Rd. Bishop Amsey M. Martin served in 1986 as a non-salaried congregational leader; Ernie Wideman served as the bishop in 2001.
Mennonite Encyclopedia, "North Woolwich"
Frey, Aden. "The Markham-Waterloo Conference of Ontario." Research paper, Conrad Grebel College, 1972, 38 pp.; Mennonites in Canada collection, "70-Markham-Waterloo," Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
Hiebert, Esther. "History of the Markham-Waterloo Conference." Research paper, Canadian Mennonite Bible College, 1980, 62 pp. Mennonite Heritage Centre
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "North Woolwich Mennonite Meetinghouse (Floradale, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N6778.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). North Woolwich Mennonite Meetinghouse (Floradale, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N6778.html.