Northwest Community Church (Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada)
The Meadow Lake Mennonite Brethren Church was first organized as the Compass Mennonite Brethren Church in the 1930s with Frank Janzen as the first pastor of a congregation of 50 people. In 1957 the church moved to Rapid View. At the same time the Baptist church moved to Loon Lake, so some of the local Baptist members joined the Mennonite Brethren church. In 1961 members purchased a small Lutheran church in Meadow Lake and held their services in town. In 1965 and in 1978 they erected a larger buildings.
The congregation has been known as Northwest Community Church since 1994.
"Meadow Lake MB Church." Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies, Winnipeg, Manitoba. Web. 4 August 2011. http://www.mbconf.ca/home/products_and_services/resources/published_genealogies/mb_provincial_conferences_and_church_congregation_records/saskatchewan_archives/meadow_lake_mennonite_brethren_church_archives/.
Mennonite Brethren Herald (27 May 1988): 71; (23 July 2004): http://www.mbherald.com/43/10/personalia.en.html.
Penner, Peter. No Longer at Arms Length: Mennonite Brethren Church Planting in Canada. Winnipeg: Kindred Press, 1987, 178 pp.
Centre for Mennonite Brethren Studies, Winnipeg, MB: Volume 618.
Address: 115 8th Street West, Meadow Lake, SK S9X 1A1
Northwest Community Church Leading Ministers
Northwest Community Church Membership
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Steiner, Sam. "Northwest Community Church (Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. August 2011. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N67869.html.
APA style: Steiner, Sam. (August 2011). Northwest Community Church (Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/N67869.html.