Ontario Hebrew Mission
Ontario Hebrew Mission (Mennonite Church) was an organized work under the Ontario Mennonite Conference, established in 1954, directed by J. Ross Goodall, with headquarters in Downsview, ON near Toronto. It operated Camp Sholom, a Jewish Mission Camp for family groups, located at Kearney, ON. By the 1960s this work had come under the Mennonite Board of Missions and Charities in Elkhart, IN, and the Ontario Conference appointed representatives to a supervisory committee.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 66. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Ontario Hebrew Mission." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O68.html.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). Ontario Hebrew Mission. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/O68.html.