Pansy Chapel (Pansy, Manitoba, Canada)
The Pansy Chapel began services about 1951, and formally organized in 1966. The first building was occupied in 1960. Henry T. Braun is considered the founding leader of the group. The congregation originated through outreach by the Blumenort Evangelical Mennonite Church.
In 1975 there were 34 members; in 1985, 68; in 1995, 86; in 2000, 50. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Conference since 1966. The language of worship is English.
The congregation's address is Box 20, Pansy, MB, R0A 1J0. (204) 434-6770. The church is located at SE 21-4-6E. Pastor Ben Unger served in 2000 as a congregational leader.
Loewen, Royden. Blumenort: a Mennonite Community in Transition 1874-1982. Blumenort: Blumenort Mennonite Historical Society, 1983.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Pansy Chapel (Pansy, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/P366.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (September 1986). Pansy Chapel (Pansy, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/P366.html.