Plum Coulee Rudnerweider Mennonite Church (Plum Coulee, Manitoba, Canada)
The Plum Coulee Rudnerweider Mennonite congregation began services and formally organized in 1937. The first building was occupied in 1937, with a subsequent building program in 1957. The congregation originated through division from the Sommerfelder Mennonites.
In 1957 there were 120 members. The congregation has been affiliated with the Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference since 1937. The language of worship is German and English; the transition from German occurred in the 1970s.
The church is located on North Railway in Plum Coulee. Pastor Henry W. Hildebrand served in the 1980s as a congregational leader.
Heppner, Jack. Search for Renewal: the Story of the Rudnerweider/Evangelical Mennonite Mission Conference 1937-1987. Winnipeg: EMMC, 1987.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 197. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Hamm, H. H. and Marlene Epp. "Plum Coulee Rudnerweider Mennonite Church (Plum Coulee, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 1986. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/P632ME.html.
APA style: Hamm, H. H. and Marlene Epp. (September 1986). Plum Coulee Rudnerweider Mennonite Church (Plum Coulee, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/P632ME.html.