South Langley Mennonite Brethren Church (Langley, British Columbia, Canada)
In 1948 a small group of young people from East Aldergrove Mennonite Brethren (MB) Church decided to hold Sunday School classes in the Brookswood area of Langley. Using the Brookswood Community Hall they held classes every Sunday afternoon. In 1958 the East Aldergrove MB Church youth group started a fund to raise money for a permanent Brookswood Church building. An acre of land was purchased on 36th Avenue in 1959 and services began in 1963. The congregation, known as Brookswood Mennonite Brethren, formally organized on 22 November 1964 with 17 charter members.
In 1977 the congregation moved to it's current location on 22nd Avenue and changed its name to South Langley MB Church in 1980. In 2010 the congregation's membership was 215 and the average weekly attendance was 235.
Address: 20098-22nd Avenue, Langley, BC V3A 4P4; the church is located 6.5 km south of Langley, East of 200 Street.
South Langley Leading Ministers
South Langley Membership
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Thiessen, Richard D.. "South Langley Mennonite Brethren Church (Langley, British Columbia, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2011. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/S674.html.
APA style: Thiessen, Richard D.. (May 2011). South Langley Mennonite Brethren Church (Langley, British Columbia, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/S674.html.