Stanley Mennonite Church (Zurich, Ontario, Canada)
The Stanley Markham-Waterloo Mennonite congregation at Zurich, ON began services and formally organized in 1951. The congregation originated through division from the Old Order Mennonites. The group met in the home of Josiah Steckle. The group discontinued when Josiah Steckle moved to Waterloo County.
Bishop Amsey Martin served in 1967 as a non-salaried congregational leader. The congregation dissolved in 1967. It had been affiliated with the Markham-Waterloo Mennonite Conference since 1951. The language of worship was English and German; the transition from German occurred in the 1950s.
Frey, Aden. "The Markham-Waterloo Conference of Ontario." Research paper, Conrad Grebel College, 1972, 38 pp., Mennonites in Canada collection, "Markham-Waterloo," Mennonite Archives of Ontario.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Epp, Marlene. "Stanley Mennonite Church (Zurich, Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. April 1986. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/S725.html.
APA style: Epp, Marlene. (April 1986). Stanley Mennonite Church (Zurich, Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/S725.html.