Tiskilwa Mennonite Church (Tiskilwa, Illinois, USA)
Tiskilwa Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), located in a historic village in the beautiful valley of Bureau County, Illinois, was organized in 1911 to serve a small Mennonite group who had withdrawn from the Willow Springs Mennonite (Mennonite Church) Church. The town hall was used until early in 1913, when the present adequate building was erected. The following have served as resident pastors: Eugene Augspurger 1912-1920, Ernest Bohn 1925-1932, H. E. Nunemaker 1932-1941, Henry Toews 1941-1943, L. R. Amstutz 1943-1947, Emil Sommer 1949-1952, and Ben Esch 1952- . The membership in 1957 was 62.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 728. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Esch, Ben. "Tiskilwa Mennonite Church (Tiskilwa, Illinois, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/T6187.html.
APA style: Esch, Ben. (1959). Tiskilwa Mennonite Church (Tiskilwa, Illinois, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/T6187.html.