The Way (Periodical)
The Way, first published in January 1913 by the Mennonite Publishing House, Scottdale, Pennsylvania, began as an 8-page, 6x9 inches, illustrated monthly. The paper was intended to be purchased by individuals, organizations, or congregations of the Mennonite Church (MC) for free distribution as a missionary project. Editors (until 1938 there were two co-editors) of The Way have been John H. Mosemann, Sr., and J. A. Ressler 1913-1923, Mosemann and John L. Horst 1923-1938, Horst alone 1938-1948, Harold Brenneman 1948-1957, and Urie Bender 1957- . In July 1943 the size was changed to 4 pages and somewhat later to 5.5 x 8 inches. Since its beginning most of the articles, stories, and poems have been selected from other papers and have constantly maintained a strong emphasis on evangelism. The monthly circulation in 1957 was 240,000. The Way ceased publication with volume 62, no. 6 (November/December 1975).
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 900. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Zook, Ellrose D. "The Way (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 20 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W389.html.
APA style: Zook, Ellrose D. (1959). The Way (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/W389.html.