Antrim County (Michigan, USA)
Antrim County (Michigan) Mennonite settlement, now extinct, was begun in 1880 at Mancelona. It was first listed in the 1896 Mennonite Meeting Calendar. Meetings were held every two weeks simultaneously in the Cheatonia and the Wetzell schools, and every two weeks alternately in the Baer and Garber homes. 15 June 1895, the Herald of Truth reported communion services at Wetzell’s, "where a large congregation was present." The 1899 Calendar no longer listed services for Antrim County.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1060. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Gingerich, Melvin. "Antrim County (Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 18 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/antrim_county_michigan_usa.
APA style: Gingerich, Melvin. (1959). Antrim County (Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/antrim_county_michigan_usa.