Camp Assiniboia (Cartier, Manitoba, Canada)
Camp Assiniboia (formerly known as Assiniboine Mennonite Mission Camp), (Mennonite Church Manitoba), located 15 miles (24 km.) west of Winnipeg near Springstein, Manitoba, was founded in 1949 and owned by a private corporation until it was turned over to the General Conference Mennonite Conference (now Mennonite Church Manitoba) in 1957.
Address: 2220 Lido Plage Road, Cartier, Manitoba, R4K 1A3.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1060. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Peters, Frank C. "Camp Assiniboia (Cartier, Manitoba, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/camp_assiniboia_cartier_manitoba_canada.
APA style: Peters, Frank C. (1959). Camp Assiniboia (Cartier, Manitoba, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/camp_assiniboia_cartier_manitoba_canada.