Camp Hebron (Halifax, Pennsylvania, USA)
Camp Hebron (Mennonite Church), located on Route 2, Halifax, Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, was founded in 1956 and is owned and operated by a board of directors composed of nine members of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. It provides opportunity for camping for children from the missions of the Lancaster Conference as well as the children of members. The campground is a tract of 315 acres of mostly wooded land on the north slope of Peters Mountain in Powell's Valley about 15 miles (24 km.) north of Harrisburg and 25 miles (40 km.) southeast of Halifax.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1070. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Bender, Harold S. "Camp Hebron (Halifax, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/camp_hebron_halifax_pennsylvania_usa.
APA style: Bender, Harold S. (1959). Camp Hebron (Halifax, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/camp_hebron_halifax_pennsylvania_usa.