Clachan (Ontario, Canada)
Ciachan was a small rural center near Aldboro, Bothwell, and Mosa, meeting places in southwestern Ontario, under the Mennonite Conference of Ontario (Mennonite Church). Mennonites had located in this area by 1870. Clachan Hall served for some of their services until 1940. Later the Bethel Mennonite Church was built and used by the Mennonites of this area.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 613. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Fretz, Joseph C. "Clachan (Ontario, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/clachan_ontario_canada.
APA style: Fretz, Joseph C. (1953). Clachan (Ontario, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/clachan_ontario_canada.