Clinton Brick Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA)
Clinton Brick Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in Clinton Township, Elkhart County, near Goshen, Indiana, is a member of the Indiana-Michigan Mennonite Conference. The church was organized in 1854 with approximately 40 members, under the leadership of John Nusbaum, who served as the first pastor. In 1954 the membership stood at 154, most of whom were rural people. The first meetinghouse was a log structure, built in 1854, with a seating capacity of 100. In 1880 a new solid brick building was erected, which served the congregation until 1944, when it was destroyed by fire. In 1946 a new solid brick church was built which had a seating capacity of 300. Ministers who served for a length of time prior to 1950 were John Nusbaum, Henry Miller, Peter Lehman, John Garber, David Garber, Samuel Honderich, Amos Nusbaum, Samuel S. Miller, and Amsa H. Kauffman (1950). In 2007 the membership was 127; Daniel Z. Miller was the pastor.
Kauffman, Maxine. "History of the Clinton Brick Mennonite Church." Mennonite Historical Bulletin (March-June 1945).
Address: 62499 State Road 13, Goshen, Indiana
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 627. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Kauffman, Amsa H. "Clinton Brick Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1954. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/clinton_brick_mennonite_church_goshen_indiana_usa.
APA style: Kauffman, Amsa H. (1954). Clinton Brick Mennonite Church (Goshen, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/clinton_brick_mennonite_church_goshen_indiana_usa.