Cuba Mennonite Church (Harlan, Indiana, USA)
The Cuba Mennonite Church is located 12 miles (20 km) east of Fort Wayne, one mile west of Harlan on State Road 37 in Allen County, Indiana. The congregation was organized with the assistance of S. J. Swartzendruber of Pigeon, Michigan, in 1924. Ministers who served the congregation to 1952 were Menno D. Miller, Menno Coblentz, Noah Zehr, and Edwin Albrecht, pastor in 1952. The meetinghouse, built in 1949, accommodated a membership of 160.
The congregation was originally a member of the Conservative Amish Mennonite Conference, but withdrew in the 1990s to become an unaffiliated congregation. In 2007 the bishop was James L. Miller; the membership was 50.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 1, p. 745. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Albrecht, Edwin. "Cuba Mennonite Church (Harlan, Indiana, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1953. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/cuba_mennonite_church_harlan_indiana_usa.
APA style: Albrecht, Edwin. (1953). Cuba Mennonite Church (Harlan, Indiana, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/cuba_mennonite_church_harlan_indiana_usa.