Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA)
The Delaware Mennonite Church (MC USA) of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference is located in the Juniata Valley, a few miles north of Thompsontown. As of the 1950s the congregation met both in the Delaware meetinghouse and in Lost Creek under the bishop oversight of William W. Graybill, and Donald Lauver as assistant bishop. The minister in 2007 was Glenn D. Hosler. The membership in 2007 was 50. The first meetinghouse was built in1871. In 1953 a new one was built beside it. The older building was later used for a Christian day school.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 29-30. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 20 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/delaware_mennonite_church_thompsontown.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1956). Delaware Mennonite Church (Thompsontown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 20 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/delaware_mennonite_church_thompsontown.