Diller Mennonite Church (Newville, Pennsylvania, USA)
Diller Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located near Newville, Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, is a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference. The Bowmansville Dillers moved near Newville in 1790. Their farmhouse was used as a meetinghouse until 1820, when a new church was built, which was enlarged in 1903. The 1954 membership and Sunday-school enrollment were 23 and 32 respectively; in 2008 the membership was 49. The pastor in 2008 was Dennis Witmer.
345 Creek Rd
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 61. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Diller Mennonite Church (Newville, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/diller_mennonite_church_newville_pennsylvania_usa.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1956). Diller Mennonite Church (Newville, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/diller_mennonite_church_newville_pennsylvania_usa.