Dillonvale Mennonite Church (Dillonvale, Ohio, USA)
Mennonite Church (Mennonite
Church), located in a coal mining section near Steubenville,
Ohio, was started in September 1942, following a series of tent meetings sponsored by
the Kidron Mennonite Church, which remained responsible for the work.
Services were held every Sunday in the chapel of the two-and-a-half-story
structure that was purchased in 1944 for that purpose. Evangelistic meetings
and a summer Bible school were held every year. The membership in 1954 was 21, with Richard Hostetler as pastor. The congregation closed about 1957.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 62. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Ebersole, Allen B. "Dillonvale Mennonite Church (Dillonvale, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/dillonvale_mennonite_church_dillonvale_ohio_usa.
APA style: Ebersole, Allen B. (1956). Dillonvale Mennonite Church (Dillonvale, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/dillonvale_mennonite_church_dillonvale_ohio_usa.