Dragass (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)
Dragass (also known as Tragoszcz, Dragasz, Tragas, Dragaß; now known as Dragacz; coordinates: 53.50566 N, 18.73899 E [53° 30' 20.4" N, 18° 44' 20.3" E]; population in 1852, 510, in 1910, 489, in 2012, 610), was a former Mennonite village near Gross-Lubin, Schwetz district, on the left shore of the Vistula River in Polish Prussia. Dutch Mennonites settled there in the 17th or even 16th century.
"Familienforschung in Westpreußen." Hans-Jürgen Wolf. Web. 29 September 2012. http://www.westpreussen.de.
Szper, Felicia. Nederlandsche nederzettingen in West-Pruisen gedurende den poolschen tijd. Enkhuizen: P. Bais, 1913: 134-135.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 97. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: van der Zijpp, Nanne and Richard D. Thiessen. "Dragass (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. September 2012. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/dragass_kuyavian_pomeranian_voivodship_poland.
APA style: van der Zijpp, Nanne and Richard D. Thiessen. (September 2012). Dragass (Kuyavian-Pomeranian Voivodeship, Poland). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/dragass_kuyavian_pomeranian_voivodship_poland.