Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA)
Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in western Lancaster County, is a member of the Lancaster Conference. In 1905 a meetinghouse was built in town, where a number of retired Mennonite farmers had settled. A revival meeting followed with 125 confessions. A young people’s Bible meeting was organized in 1911. The congregation in 1955 numbered 225. Noah W. Risser and Clarence E. Lutz were bishops, John W. Hess and Walter D. Keener, Jr., the ministers, and Walter D. Keener deacon. In 2008 the membership was 217; the pastor was Stephen H. Gibbs.
Address: 300 South Spruce Street, Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 186. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/elizabethtown_mennonite_church_elizabethtown.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1956). Elizabethtown Mennonite Church (Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/elizabethtown_mennonite_church_elizabethtown.