Elm Spring Hutterite Colony (Warner, Alberta, Canada)
Elm Spring (Tanny) Hutterite Bruderhof (Lehrerleut) was established in 1929 near Warner, Alberta. It was a relocation of the Old Elmspring Hutterite Colony in South Dakota. In 1950 it had a population of 177, with Michael Entz serving as leading preacher.
In 2012 Elm Spring Hutterite Colony was a Lehrerleut colony. The minister was George Wipf and the manager was Andrew Wipf.
Location: Warner, Alberta (coordinates: 49.3458, -112.145 [49° 20' 44" N, 112° 08' 41" W])
Address: Box 300, Warner, AB T0K 2L0
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 190. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Friesen, Bert. "Elm Spring Hutterite Colony (Warner, Alberta, Canada)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. May 2013. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/elmspring_hutterite_bruderhof_warner_alberta.
APA style: Friesen, Bert. (May 2013). Elm Spring Hutterite Colony (Warner, Alberta, Canada). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/elmspring_hutterite_bruderhof_warner_alberta.