Erisman Mennonite Church (Rapho Township, Pennsylvania, USA)
Erisman Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church) formerly met in a meetinghouse built in 1798 on lands of Abraham Erisman in Rapho Township on the Mt. Joy-Manheim Road, in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania In 1891 the present brick church was built. The congregation of 214 (1953), belonging to the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, was a conservative growing fellowship which still bore the impress of the work of Bishop Jacob N. Brubacher (died 1913). In 1953 Henry E. Lutz and Homer D. Bomberger were the bishops, Martin G. Metzler and John S. Eby the ministers, and Harvey E. Metzler the deacon. Missionaries Elam and Grace Metzler Stauffer in Africa and the Elam Hollingers in Alabama are from this congregation.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 244. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Erisman Mennonite Church (Rapho Township, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 25 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/erisman_mennonite_church_lancaster_county.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1956). Erisman Mennonite Church (Rapho Township, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 25 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/erisman_mennonite_church_lancaster_county.