Fairfield Mennonite Church (Fairfield, Pennsylvania, USA)
Fairfield Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located in Adams County, Pennsylvania, was formed in 1925 by a schism in the Mennonite (MC) congregation at Mummasburg, Pennsylvania, because of the question of insurance. Those carrying insurance, contrary to the regulations of the Lancaster Conference, to which the congregation belonged, organized the Fairfield Church with A. W. Geigley as pastor, and with 40 charter members. In 1955 it had 68 members, with Lamont Woelk serving as pastor. The congregation remained independent until 1941, when it joined the Eastern District Conference (General Conference Mennonite). In 2008 the membership was 48; the minister was Brenda Walter.
Address: 201 West Main Street, Fairfield, Pennsylvania
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, pp. 288-289. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Geigley, A. W. "Fairfield Mennonite Church (Fairfield, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/fairfield_mennonite_church_fairfield_pennsylvania.
APA style: Geigley, A. W. (1956). Fairfield Mennonite Church (Fairfield, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/fairfield_mennonite_church_fairfield_pennsylvania.