Fairview (Oklahoma, USA)
Fairview, Oklahoma, is a village (1955 pop. 2,400; 2000 pop. 2,733) in the north central part of Major County. In 1955 approximately 600 adult Mennonites lived within shopping distance of the village. Mennonites settled in the county in 1894 and in 1955 had four churches in the area. They were members of the Mennonite Brethren, Church of God in Christ Mennonite, General Conference Mennonites, and Church of God (Penner's).
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 289. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Martens, J. J. "Fairview (Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/fairview_oklahoma_usa.
APA style: Martens, J. J. (1956). Fairview (Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/fairview_oklahoma_usa.