Filer Mennonite Church (Filer, Idaho, USA)
Filer Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA), located at 109 Fifth Street, Filer, Idaho, a member of the Pacific Northwest Mennonite Conference (formerly Pacific Coast Conference), was organized on 31 January 1914 with 22 charter members, and with David Hilty as bishop, Samuel Honderich as minister, and Chris Snyder as deacon. In 1955 the membership was 106. The first church was dedicated on 19 September 1915, enlarged in 1953. The 1954 ministerial body was E. S. Garber, bishop; Samuel Honderich and Louis Landis, ministers; Joe E. Slatter, deacon. The General Conference Mennonites organized a congregation here in 1955 with 19 members.
Address: 109 Fifth Street, Filer, Idaho
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 329. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Honderich, Samuel R. "Filer Mennonite Church (Filer, Idaho, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 19 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/filer_mennonite_church_filer_idaho_usa.
APA style: Honderich, Samuel R. (1956). Filer Mennonite Church (Filer, Idaho, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 19 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/filer_mennonite_church_filer_idaho_usa.