Friedensthal Mennonite Church (Gotebo, Oklahoma, USA)
The Friedensthal Mennonite Church (General Conference Mennonite), now extinct, located at Gotebo, Harrison County, Oklahoma, was organized in 1903 by J. J. Kliewer and in 1911 attained its largest membership with 75 members. In 1912 John J. Kliewer and some 44 members of the congregation went to Carlsbad, New Mexico. In 1913-1920 P. R. Voth served as elder of the Friedensthal group. ln 1921 the congregation seems to have dissolved, with the remaining members joining the Ebenezer Mennonite Church at Gotebo. It was an active congregation having regular Sunday services, Christian Endeavor, prayer meetings, and other activities.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 401. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Schmidt, John F. "Friedensthal Mennonite Church (Gotebo, Oklahoma, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 18 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/friedensthal_mennonite_church_gotebo_oklahoma_usa.
APA style: Schmidt, John F. (1956). Friedensthal Mennonite Church (Gotebo, Oklahoma, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/friedensthal_mennonite_church_gotebo_oklahoma_usa.