Friend of Truth (Periodical)
Friend of Truth, a 16-page monthly, was published at 1216 Diversey Parkway, Chicago, Illinois, by Joseph W. Tschetter (Krimmer Mennonite Brethren), editor, sole publisher and printer of the paper. It was begun in September 1934, and discontinued in April 1939. It appeared in 8/2 x 11 y2 inch size and reached a circulation of approximately 1,200. The paper contained articles on missions, reports, a children's page, sermon suggestions, and other items of general interest. It was an English counterpart of the Wahrheitsfreund, which Tschetter had previously published in cooperation with D. M. Hofer.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 402. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Plett, C. F. "Friend of Truth (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 18 June 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/friend_of_truth_periodical.
APA style: Plett, C. F. (1956). Friend of Truth (Periodical). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 18 June 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/friend_of_truth_periodical.