Gilead Mennonite Church (Chesterville, Ohio, USA)
Gilead Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located 1½ miles (2.5 km.) northwest of Chesterville, Ohio, is a member of the Ohio and Eastern Mennonite Conference. The first Mennonite settlers arrived in the community in 1950. Murray Krabill arrived in June 1951 to become the first pastor of the congregation, which was organized in 1952. A basement church was built in 1952; in 1959 the building was enlarged and completed. The congregation had a membership of 35 in 1958.
Address: 7090 Road 121, Chesterville, OH 43317
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1087. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Krabill, Murray. "Gilead Mennonite Church (Chesterville, Ohio, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gilead_mennonite_church_chesterville_ohio_usa.
APA style: Krabill, Murray. (1959). Gilead Mennonite Church (Chesterville, Ohio, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gilead_mennonite_church_chesterville_ohio_usa.