Gingrichs Mennonite Church (Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA)
Gingrichs Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church USA) is a member of the Lancaster Mennonite Conference, and is located a few miles south of Annville, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania, on a beautiful knoll, with a walled cemetery near by. The first church, built in 1792, served the congregation until 1920, when a larger brick church was built on the same site. Lebanon County had some of the overflow from Lancaster County in the latter half of the 18th century and again in the mid-20th cencutry, almost replacing the descendants of the earlier settlers. The first Sunday school was held in 1893. In 1954 the congregation was under the care of Simon G. Bucher as bishop, Daniel D. Wert and Elmer Showalter as ministers, and Harold Frey as deacon; the church membership was 64. In 2007 the membership was 270; the interim pastoral leader was Rick Conrad.
100 Forney Road
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 520. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Landis, Ira D. "Gingrichs Mennonite Church (Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 24 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gingrichs_mennonite_church_lebanon_pennsylvania.
APA style: Landis, Ira D. (1956). Gingrichs Mennonite Church (Lebanon, Pennsylvania, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 24 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gingrichs_mennonite_church_lebanon_pennsylvania.