Gospel Witness to Israel Mission
Gospel Witness to Israel Mission (Mennonite Brethren) at Winnipeg, Manitoba, was founded January 1948 by Jacob Pankratz and his wife, who had done mission work among Jews in Toronto, Ontario. In September 1948 the General Conference of the Mennonite Brethren Church of North America took over the responsibility for this mission and delegated the work to its City Mission Committee for supervision and financial support. The chief work the Mission did among the 20,000 Jews of Winnipeg was house to house visitation, and distributing New Testaments and other literature.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 551. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Toews, John A. "Gospel Witness to Israel Mission." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gospel_witness_to_israel_mission.
APA style: Toews, John A. (1956). Gospel Witness to Israel Mission. Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 22 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gospel_witness_to_israel_mission.