Grace Christian Fellowship (Flint, Michigan, USA)
Grace Christian Fellowship (formerly Flint Conservative Mennonite Mission), Flint, Michigan, was organized in 1928, by the Conservative Amish Mennonite Conference. The mission had 24 members in 1953. Both the meetinghouse and the residence (then at 2124 East Williamson Ave.) were built in 1929. Noah Swartzendruber was ordained in 1929 to be superintendent of the mission. He was followed by Edwin Albrecht, Andrew Jantzi, and Jesse L. Yoder, who was appointed superintendent in 1948. During World War II, many Civilian Public Service men in dairy service in Michigan worshiped at the Flint Mission. In 2007 the membership was 21.
Address: 902 Huron Street, Flint, Michigan 48507
Denominational affiliation: Conservative Mennonite Conference
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 2, p. 340. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Wertz, Jay. "Grace Christian Fellowship (Flint, Michigan, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 21 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/grace_christian_fellowship_flint_michigan_usa.
APA style: Wertz, Jay. (1956). Grace Christian Fellowship (Flint, Michigan, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 21 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/grace_christian_fellowship_flint_michigan_usa.