Gulfhaven Mennonite Church (Mississippi, USA)
Gulfhaven Mennonite Church (Mennonite Church), located 17 miles (27 km.) northwest of Gulfport, Mississippi, a member of the South Central Mennonite Conference, was organized 5 January 1922, by Bishop Andrew Shenk of Oronogo, Missouri, with 28 charter members. J. B. Brunk was the first pastor, followed later by D. S. Brunk. In 1948 the church was remodeled. The members are largely Mennonites from northern states or their descendants. In 1957 the membership was 62, with Paul Hershey as pastor-bishop.
Adapted by permission of Herald Press, Harrisonburg, Virginia, and Waterloo, Ontario, from Mennonite Encyclopedia, Vol. 4, p. 1089. All rights reserved. For information on ordering the encyclopedia visit the Herald Press website.
©1996-2013 by the Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. All rights reserved.
To cite this page:
MLA style: Hershey, Paul. "Gulfhaven Mennonite Church (Mississippi, USA)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1959. Web. 23 May 2013. http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gulfhaven_mennonite_church_mississippi_usa.
APA style: Hershey, Paul. (1959). Gulfhaven Mennonite Church (Mississippi, USA). Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. Retrieved 23 May 2013, from http://www.gameo.org/encyclopedia/contents/gulfhaven_mennonite_church_mississippi_usa.